Monday 7:30-9:30PM PST Zoom-based Class Meeting
9/5/2022-12/12/2022 (15 sessions)
10 hours of additional online video/interactive learning
Crosspoint Institute of Ministry Leadership (https://cioml.org)
Dr. Gideon Lee
This class ordinarily meets for fifteen weeks for periods of two hours and fifty minutes including two 10-minute breaks. However, centers can choose to schedule this classes and times that work best for your ministry context as long as you meet the 45 hours of seat time required for this course.
Part one of a two-semester introduction to the Koine Greek language designed to develop reading ability and to serve as a foundation for exegetical study of the Greek New Testament. The first semester focuses on the rudiments of Greek and beginning translation and vocalization.
Upon the successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Pronounce Greek words and read Greek sentences with reasonable fluency.
- Understand and demonstrate basic knowledge of Greek grammar.
- Understand basic principles of syntax in readiness for second semester work.
- Demonstrate mastery of basic Greek vocabulary.
- Appreciate the need for ongoing study of the Greek New Testament.