CLS 2300 Exegesis in the New Testament – 3 Hours
Mondays 5/29-8/14 7:30-10PM and 15 hours of online learning
Crosspoint Institute of Ministry Leadership
Instructor: Gideon Lee
An intensive study of the background and content of the Book of Acts and a Major Epistle. Special emphasis on the history and development of the early church, along with the resulting problems. Attention will be paid to finding valid applications to modern ministry.
Upon the successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the content of two New Testament books.
- Give an account of the methodology, theology and organizational development of the early church.
- Understand and explain the work of the Holy Spirit and the prominence of prayer in the life and development of the early church.
- Account for the successful witness and missionary zeal of early believers.
- Isolate and explain the major problems encountered and the solutions offered.
- Apply these Scriptures to modern situations in the local church using good hermeneutics.