April 1-June 24, 2021
Thursday 7:30 – 10:00 pm
Crosspoint Institute of Leadership, Milpitas
Rev. Abraham Chiu
A study of the Biblical basis for evangelism, a brief historical survey of evangelism, and the principles and methods by which evangelistic churches are built. Particular emphasis will be given to evangelism as practiced in North America.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES
The specific objectives of this course are as follows. The student will:
1. Have the knowledge and tools to be able to lead a person to faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Arrive at an understanding as to what the evangelistic task is from history and principles of evangelism.
3. Attain a firm grasp of the essence of the message of evangelism from Old and New Testament theology of evangelism.
4. Become acquainted with specific methodologies that have been used in the past, as well as contemporary forms relevant to our society today.
5. Gain “hands-on” experience in evangelism by becoming involved in already existing evangelistic outreaches.
6. Adopt appropriate follow-up and discipleship methods/materials and demonstrate proficiency in the use of them.
7. Seek to bring about spiritual revival in the West and especially at Gateway Seminary.
8. Articulate his/her own rationale and commitment to personal evangelism.